BEGINNERS HILLWALKING COURSE
Would you like to develop the skills and knowledge to plan days out in the countryside for friends, family or a solo adventure?
This two day course is aimed at women who are complete beginners and includes:
- Route planning
- Weather forecasts
- Hazards and emergency procedures
- Clothing and equipment
- Introduction to navigation:
- Types of maps and scales
- Orientating the map
- Understanding map symbols
- Contour interpretation
- Planning and following routes using paths and other key features
- Estimating distances using pacing and timing
- Dealing with navigational errors
You'll be learning alongside a small number of like-minded women, led by a female instructor.